Thursday, December 21, 2006

Office Stranger

My office just located in between of Bukit Tunku, Parliament, Bank Negara and Lake Garden. That area is the only reserved jungle in Kuala Lumpur. The building is surrounded by tall and old trees. Most of the time we can see or heard wild animals around.

When I started work here, I used to stay overnight in my office just for my duty when needed, sometimes just for fun to accompany my colleagues. Our control center have to operate 24 hours per day.

One weekend night, it was heavy rain and I rushed back to the control center for my duty, the rain stopped late night and I decided to overnight next to the control room with my another colleague. He slept on a long table and I slept on a portable bed.

Into midnight, my colleague was snoring quite loud, and I just carry on my sleep. Suddenly I heard another snoring sound from the control center. The door between control center and the room I slept, I can heard the sound so clearly and I was wondering who else sleep there. That night just me and my colleague in the office only. Then I went to check it out, by the time I walked to the control center, the second snoring sound was gone. I thought it was an echo so I continue my sleep. Once I lay on the bed, the second snoring sound is back! I'm very sure the sound is from the control center, that time I just don't care anything and continue my sleep.

Another night, I went back to my office for duty again when heavy rain, this time the rain stopped early, so we decided to stand at the corridor outside for chit chat and smoke. During chit chat time, I saw another colleague at the other end of staircase going up to somewhere, I just let it be. The next day I asked that colleague I saw last night what he did going up there, he was shocked and answered me he never went to office last night! He was in the house whole night. So... who I saw that night?

One year during Hari Raya long holiday, at that time I was rushing to do my thesis for my part time degree, so I decided to stay in my own office room for few days to complete my thesis report. That few nights really challenging for me, I can heard many types of voices... footsteps, someone open my next room door, and the worst got the sound of OI!!! Sometimes I can smell some strange smell too. My own office room is different floor with the control center, no body will go up the that floor when it's out of office hour.

According my colleagues, every floor got different 'things', they already numb with the 'things' and just ignore it. Got one can change to someone's face and psychical, then I realized, maybe that night the colleague I saw was that 'thing'?

~The End~

7 comments:

Unknown said...

My snoring was a problem for the spouse. My wife would often wake me to stop snoring. We found an unexpected solution that has stopped my snoring: The SquidFace and ComfyRest pillows. The snoring relief was an unexpected benefit of an invention I patented for being able to lie facedown comfortably and breathe without turning my head to the side. Snoring relief and many additional pain relief benefits are on my website. www.SquidFace.com

Anonymous said...

Strange smell, izit something fragrant like flower?

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh said...

interesting... kenny next time i go with u to ur office ya...
_butt, that flower fragrance u mention is what they say bunga melor smell... i dun exactly know how bunga melor smell... but all i know i had that experience with nice smell before... anyways, at nite already when smell something stange either nice smell or foul smell just keep quiet...

Anonymous said...

yaya.. my friend experience it once, it's the jasmine flower smell rite? the one that Indian ladies wear on their heads or something like that?

Anonymous said...

er, seriously speaking, I've always admire your bravery because if its me, I seriously either have quitted that job or not stay after working hours or have gone crazy already!

Anonymous said...

[comfyrest]
I'm referring to the unidentified snoring sound.

[_butt]
yes... got jasmine flower smell and the smell of smoke we pray for latuk gong.

[k :y nno :d]
Anytime as u wish, let's start our mission... kekeke

[_butt]
sometimes got bad smell too...

[ic3_que3n]
is not I'm brave, I just make sure I'm not disturb them and they wont harm me.

todd said...

wah.. where's your office?? mine is near to BNM...

neway never encounter those things at my office before and hope to be that way eventho my colleagues have some kind of encounter...